- This event has passed.
Sensory-Friendly Film Screening
August 22 @ 11:00 am - 1:00 pm
Once again we have been invited to avail ourselves of this special matinée viewing at the Eden cinema, thanks to APA. Please do make use of this opportunity if your children have sensory sensitivity.
What makes this viewing special?
The staff understand the needs of children and adults with autism and their families. The cinema has put several things in place to help create a relaxed and sensory friendly environment.
- No Intermission
- The early screening at 11am ensures that the foyer is at its quietest.
- You can book tickets online in advance to save queuing for tickets.
- The lights will be lower in the foyer. TV screens will be off.
- There won’t be music in the foyer.
- Popcorn will be pre-popped to reduce audio and visual stimulus. Popcorn will be fresh.
- Decorations in the foyer have been kept to a minimum.
- Tickets will be checked manually to remove the beeping of the normal electronic devices.
- You are permitted to bring your own food and drink.
- You can choose where to sit and are free to move during the film.
- Lights are kept at a low setting in the theatre (it is lighter) at the back.
- The sound is lower.
- Theatre is wheelchair accessible.
- Staff will be at the theatre door to assist you in case you wish to leave.
- There will be no adverts before the show.
The tickets are normal price. Once you have bought your ticket and before the show starts, if your child decides that they do not want to see the film, the box office will refund you. If your child wishes to leave before the end of the movie, no refund will be given.
The normal parking promotion at the Cinema car park applies. Tickets are validated in the cinema foyer.
It is ok when the children make noises or move around. Everything has been done in the hope that both the adults and children can relax and enjoy the movie.